Family Tree Maker 2011 - Program Updates
Service Pack 1 contains a number of user requested and reported updates and fixes.
The following fixes and updates are included in this service pack:
- General performance improvements throughout the program
- Performance improvements to Web merge
- Re-enabled right-click functionality in Web Search
- New option added to Options dialog to enable/disable enhancing merged images from Ancestry.com
- Resolved issue of media not being merge properly during Ancestry.com Web merge
- Resolved issue where user is unable to modify reference notes in Sources workspace
- And much more...
Click Here for a more detailed view of the enhancements and bug fixes included in this service pack.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Start Family Tree Maker 2011.
- You should receive a notification that an update is available. Click the "Update" button.
- Run the .exe file.
Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 users may need to complete the following additional steps to auto-install the update:
- Close Family Tree Maker if it is open.
- Right-click the shortcut for Family Tree Maker 2011 and select "Run as administrator."
- You will be asked to confirm that FTM.exe should have rights to access the computer. Click "Allow."
- The notification that an update is available should appear at this time. If not, please complete the remaining steps listed below.
- Click the "Help" menu item at the top of the program.
- Click "Check for Updates…"
- The program will check for an update and notify you if one is available.
- If no notification is displayed then please do a manual install as described below
To manually install the service pack:
- Close Family Tree Maker
- Download the patch here (.zip) or (.exe)
- Unzip the file (if the .zip file is downloaded)
- Run the .exe file
To verify that the update worked do the following:
- Open Family Tree Maker 2011
- Click the "Help" menu item at the top of the program
- Click "About Family Tree Maker…"
- On the Product Information tab there is a version number. If the update was successful the version number will be 188.8.131.526
- If no notification is displayed and your product version number is not 184.108.40.2066 then please do a manual install as described above
Copyright © 2010 by H R Worthington